14 October 2006

Vicarious pride...

I am as stoked when someone leaves a season at Calvin Crest to become a chef as when they become a reverend. Josh Haas was part of the first generation CommonFIRE folk who was influenced by Sean Oldroyd to fine culinary arts. I remember my first staff interview with Haas and falling in love with him when I asked him what he wanted to be doing in five year and he said he wanted to open a bakery. Well, he did was written up in the The Fresno Bee as he has a number of times this past year or so. He is well thought of in the area and we are all very proud of him. Congrats Haas!

The article on Josh is no longer available from The Fresno Bee...

Hat tip to Jamie for the heads up on the article. Who, by-the-way, celebrated her proverbial 29th birthday yesterday up in our neck of the woods around the teppan yaki table at Oka's. I crashed the party and had a great time. Laughter I haven't had in quite a while. Thanks Brad for footing the bill. It was a healing and a filling.

No comments: