19 January 2007

An open invitation...

A few years ago, August of 2003, Rudy Carrasco* and I were eating a couple of Forks Burgers on Bass Lake and he told me about blogs. He said it with his mouth full of the incredible cheeseburger, with the special sauce running down his chin, "Blog." He repeated. He told me what it stood for and what one did on it and by 2:30pm that afternoon he had me up and running.

That afternoon I wrote my first thoughts. That was significant for me. I was told during my entire educational process that I was dumb and would never amount to anything. I saw my work "published" and kept. I have a record of my thoughts. I can't journal because my disability kicks in with a pencil or pen. But with a keyboard for some reason I don't experience the same thing.

I am calling for a revolution, a transformation of the heart and spirit, which aligns with Christ's. Not a cultural shift or fusion, a revolution of the Kingdom Come. Not a political stance of defiance but a loving embrace of the King.

I am not trying to publish hate or discord. But I am trying to keep a record of my thoughts and plans that also have a public view-ability. It also comes, as Lauren Sage* was telling me yesterday in an interview, with the prerogative of free will. I appreciate people who read it and respond. I do. I am not afraid to air my opinions in the public fearing that the "committee" will take away my food and roof. I hope people will respond with love and inquiry, and as Timbo first did, with creativity, but also grace.

You are invited to participate or not. But please allow me to...

(* please excuse the blatant name dropping!)

4 comments:

Bill Ekhardt said...

I appreciate your expression of your motivation for blogging, Tony and I am glad that you do.

If I was too sharp with you, I regret it. I confess the tone of some of your posts on the church seemed to me harsher than I would have liked.

I am glad that you are writing and I appreciate being in dialog with you. Though you mentioned your disabilities and past feelings of inadequacies, I have seen no evidence of them in your writing.

I appreciate our friendship, too, and I look forward to the next time we can share a meal or a beverage.

Dakota House said...

'It is the disciple deciding to be vulnerable and trustworthy.'

That's really the key, isn't it? No matter the setting.

But..um. Committees give me THE SHIVERS.

Anonymous said...

if FatBurger had breakfast hours, we'd be there on tuesday

Anonymous said...

Hey there Tony-
I don't mind the name dropping at all! I just found out I was "name dropped" today, and I hope all is well :)

Lauren