18 January 2007

An open letter...

Feet and Farmer,
You crack me up because many people are writing their thoughts and you continue to hide behind nom de plumes which hide you from the heart as well as the eyes of the conversation. It is easy to give our opinion, it is harder to own it, walk with it, and be responsible for it. We can argue and still be friends.

I said that my position is ass, not my name. You used it as a weapon, I used it as a feather. Shame on you.

My blog is, and I quote, "This is an insignificant blog from a middle-aged man's perspective." I don't believe it to be global, only from my little perspective. I have never thought of myself as anything more than having a small part in the cosmos, you give me too much authority. I am a program director for a small camp outside of Yosemite, not the Pope. I don't pretend to be anything great but a husband, a father, a program director and a lover of friends and food. I am the first to point out my problems (after my wife and kids... and maybe a few coordinators from last year)

If you want to have a conversation, take off the mask, wear comfortable shoes, and pour yourself a pop and let's talk. You are so invited. But no more hiding. It is safe. Love is greater than opinion, even if you didn't bring any, we will share. There is plenty of room at this table.

Peace.

3 comments:

TonyB said...

Thanks Timbo. I thought your original post was creative and insightful. A bit provocative and technologically well executed. I much prefer seeing your face and expressions of concern and knowing there is history with your remarks.

As Theodore Roosevelt use to say, Bully, Timbo!

Deadmanshonda said...

Uhhh...I really like the way you write Tony...just wanted to throw that in here even though I feel awkward doing so in the midst of what feels like a private little feud...er...something like that. ;-)

TonyB said...

Thank you Leisel. Don't feel awkward (I don't have control on your feelings. Go ahead and feel whatever you want! But you don't need to).

Soon...