12 August 2007

When love comes to town...

Yesterday was the Summer Reunion (formerly the Staff Concert). Good turnout, great food, music and testamonies were fun and meaningful.

I have been working on a Coney Island Hot Dog Sauce for the past three years, in case something happens here I am planning on opening up a hot dog stand at Avila Beach. Well I think I got it perfected and we served it up last night. Tony's Coneys was started.

We also had carnitas and chicken tacos, pizza, tri-tip sandwiches, peach cobbler and icecream. Josh Haas did a great job with the food service, which ran without incident and very efficient. Volunteers came to set up and clean up, which freed up the staff to visit with parents who came to visit and enjoy the beauty.

We raised some good money at the auction, which will go for camperships this and next year (we give a lot to families and missions who cannot afford to send their children to camp). Josh's three pies raised $250.00!

We sang a song by Bono, which he wrote for B.B. King, called When Love Comes to Town. What a great message it has. One woman came up to me and said "...there was only one problem with the song, we couldn't get up there and sing it with you."

I am thankful to this staff that they trust me and are willing to try something and change at the last minute. I am also very thankful that they let me sing along with them...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds so amazing! What a wonderful day indeed! I sure wish I could have had some of that delicious tri-tip, which we are seriously lacking here in the Mid-West.

Dakota House said...

I want a video of that performance.

And every time I'm feeling blue, I'll just pop it in and watch it.

That, and a little cheese... I'll be good to go.

steven good said...

if at all possible, it would be great to see or hear a recording of the performance (at least of "When Love Came to Town"). possibly up on the CC website??? You know, for us scattered bretheren who couldn't make the trek...

it sounds like a wonderful time...