24 October 2004

Last night's call...

I got a call last night as we sat down for dinner from my pastor, Rick Irish, telling me he was in bed with an 102 degree fever and wasn't going to make it to church to preach. He asked if I could cover the night sermon, I said I would, then he told me our friend Todd Fonda had an accident and was sent to University Medical Center and the Assistant pastor, Paul DePledge, was going to spend time there and wouldn't be able to handle the morning service, would I also preach for those? Sure...

We pray for Todd, for another miracle of God's hand to touch and heal, provide peace to the family, and wisdom to the medical team.

I was hoping to spend the day with Christel at the Art shows around the mountain areas. But I feel like I should do this. Then we are taking the week off and spending some time traveling to the coast for the day, gallery hopping, long conversations, and maybe into the valley of Yosemite.

No comments: