10 February 2004

One more day in Spokane...

Today met with Randy Brothers again and talked about program. When I talk about the improper focus on program rather than people I never think about what Randy is doing. Quite the opposite. He uses program to move people in discipleship. I am amazed at his ability to articulate the structure that brings people towards health rather than limiting people. He understands the program as a vehicle to move towards the destination rather than it is about the vehicle.

I wish I had his ability to think systematically. However, our conversations bless me. It never makes me feel inadequate but completed. I continue to marvel at his complete understanding of structures that don't end up institutions in themselves. I learn each time I am with him. Thanks Randy.

I am a blessed man to have so many incredible friends. I am now off to hear a speaker at Whitworth and to hang with Terry McGonigal and the assistant chaplain Andrea S... Blessings

No comments: