10 June 2007

Method to my madness...

Now that staff has arrived and got their shirts and pondered the theme as well as the design, I wanted to let you know more of why I went with the design. (If you could care less then go HERE)

The fist, for those of us in the sixties and seventies know, is a symbol for power. The Black Panthers used it in black, the Solidarity Movement of Poland used it in red, my mom left it on my bottom as I was growing up and misbehaving in flesh and red, very red... Power. The symbol I have talks of power but the power isn't in the fist it is in the crucified hole. A bit of irony to say that our power comes, not in an overthrow, but a dying to our selves and becoming submitted to and serving the King, Jesus the Christ, the Crucified One, the Resurrected One.

Thought I would now let you know so no one is thinking that I am talking about overthrowing the church (institution) or anything like that... ; )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know logo's are my business...that said: I LOVE IT! Yes, their is Power in the Cross! My hope is the graphic will cause one to ponder and reflect its message. If not understood...what a witness tool! I've got your back on this!

Geoff said...

never thought that you wanted to overthrow the church, but...Bob Jones University...simply amazing.

Deadmanshonda said...

the "here" link CRACKED me up....very nicely done. ;)