17 June 2007

We begin...

Today is the first day with guests. We have a small family camp and a wonderful group coming from The Dakota House in Fresno. Jamie is bringing up about 10 girls from "Girls Only" club to spend a week up at Outpost.

It is at this point that I wonder if anything I said last week during Orientation in teaching and training will have any impact on what and how we do our jobs this summer. I really like this staff so I don't say that against them, but did I make sense.

Yesterday, some did the annual trek up Half Dome, some stayed back to work on the bathrooms, others stayed back and slept, and some went back to school to walk in a graduation ceremony. Me, I sat home with a fever and slept on and off throughout most of the day.

Today will be the first day that the entire staff will be here. I love my job...

5 comments:

Michelle said...

bless, chasten, reign... those are the words God keeps giving me for all of you this summer.

Simon said...

Happy Fathers Day! Love you and I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.

Sb

Geoff said...

I love watching you do your job. Blesings.

Deadmanshonda said...

YAY for official camp starting!!! I love your job too. It will stick, Tony. It always does...even if we don't always know if you made sense or not...;-)

I still remember your first talk on my first O-week which was...hmm...faarrrr too long ago.

Matt Kirkland said...

Thanks for sharing...